so yesterday, my mom drove up to los alamos, and it was my step dad's job to pick me up. 4:45. check.
I was out by the circle (the area 6/7 gets picked up) with some friends, hanging out, the usual. I was sitting on the ramp, facing school, away from the parking lot. that was my first mistake.
the second? losing track of time. I mean, I was out there for 45 minutes, and I just didn't check my watch. my phone was in the backpack too, so I didn't get hear the calls.
finally, I sit up and... shit. my step dad's car is in the lot. it's 4:55. he's not there. I get up, and see him walking around the school grounds. how he could have missed me sitting there, I have no idea, but he did. the first thing I hear is, "where the hell were you?"
I get in the car, and he's silent. I pull out my cellphone... 3 missed calls. through the time span of about 2 minutes.
I don't bother to check the voicemail.
so today I miss a call, and what do I do?
dumbshit me, I check it.
the first message is from a friend...
the second,
"YOU'RE TEN MINUTES LATE. WHERE ARE YOU?! I-"
I don't even bother to hear the rest of the message.
erase.
erase.
erase.
jesus, 10 freaking minutes.
and he attacks me like that?
what gives him that right?!
he's not even my father.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment