Monday, May 5, 2008

spring about, and placing orders.

okay.
so today was a pretty big day for me(*snort*)

1. I had my first real conversation with Kai (if a conversation is what you'd like to call it...) where basically I had to work up every ounce of nerve I had to say hi.

2. I had a little hissy fit with the guy from nothing but noodles.

guy: can I get a name for this order?

me: hayley.

guy: kaylee?

me: hayley.

guy: ...yeah, I know.

3. mr. truitt is going to let me play a guitar solo at the awards assembly... in front of the whole school. hopefully I don't blow it.

4. eric and I didn't talk much all day. except when sam came to tell me that he's feeling too conflicted, so he'll go to the dance with neither me or Ellie. like seriously. wtf is that?! I mean, she was even his original date!

which leads me to the topic of SPRING ABOUT.
gahhhh.

now, Spring About is swell. it's on a nice spring night, and they have a 5th grade talent show, a book fair, food, and everyone is mingling (if, for the little kids, you call mingling running around and screaming).

so, I walk in with my mom and some of her friends, and there's eric, kicking his soccer ball around. I say hi, he says hi, my mom leaves, and we walk around and talk, and like, go to the book fair and stuff. his littlest brother Ian was sitting behind the desk where you pay, looking so adorable it would break your heart. he's in like, preschool or kindergarten I believe. "that's my brother!" he says. "business is busy today!" now, all 3 of the brothers have big blue eyes, long eyelashes, freckles, and they're all really tall. actually... everyone in the family looks pretty much alike. even the mother.

so then we find stefan, hang out with him a while, eric beats up the middle brother, matt, and I get to be all maternal to get him to stop crying, stefan leaves, matt gets revenge on eric, I get to be maternal again, then eric goes and gets bandaged up. when he comes out, we go and see ian again at the food tables, and eric says something along the lines of, "hey ian, this is my bestest friend hayley. can you say hi? ...now sing her a song!"

then he has to leave, and I ask him about Ellie one last time. "are you really just friends? you do like her... huh?" when much to my dismay (actually not really) he replies, "well I like her... but I like you too. I'm conflicted." and I tell him I feel the same and then he leaves, thus exiling me into perpetual teenage girl swooning, but also sadness, because he's... conflicted. goddammit.

the best part ever though was when we were walking to the book fair and he was telling me about matt's "girlfriend". and then he was like, "and I have mine right here." and put his arm around me for a second.

which was cool.

except, you know.
he's conflicted.

screw this.
I'm going to go read the kip fulbeck novel, because it's GOT to be better than The Notebook.

dagggggg.

No comments: